Not too long ago, I was honoured by being nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely currentlywell, a wonderful follower of mine who owns her own obviously wonderful blog that has some of the most relaxingly beautiful photographs around (seriously, how was I not following your blog already? that’s some stupid oversight by me there).
I’ve seen this running around quite a while before even holycrabness was up and running (before, even, I think I got started on tumblr in its first iterations), but I think it’s a lovely way of passing on the word amongst smaller blogs (less than 200 followers), so thanks currentlywell!
1. Each person must post 10 things about themselves (anything!).
2. They must also answer the 10 questions that the nominator has set, plus create 10 questions for the people they choose to nominate.
3. Choose 10 people to nominate and link them in your post.
4. Go to their sites/blogs and tell them they’ve been nominated!
I’ll admit I don’t even have 10 people to nominate. And perhaps the people I do nominate already have been, in which case I apologise, but you get to feel special twice! However, here’s my post, and my questions for myself and those for who I nominate and want to do it.
1. Why did you start blogging?
Spur of the moment thing. I got into cooking first, and then when I got a bit more confident with it, I got somewhat more interested in how it looked (though we were light-years away from the “styling” thing I have going on now). I started roughly two years ago, and those pictures were dark, underexposed and just plain awful. But, it’s where I began, with just posting a few sets of the meals I made for my parents and I at home every now and then on tumblr.
2. If you could live in a different time period when would it be and why?
As a historian in my free time, I don’t quite have that rose-tinted view of any era B) However, I suppose I could live with being a high-society daughter at the turn on the 20th century. Basically for the clothes.
3. What do you do when you feel uninspired?
Write. I’m an English Literature and Creative Writing student, so I usually work with or without the muse, but I do try and listen when it knocks.
4. What type of music do you listen to?
A very wide variety, but I love most types of rock (old-school, modern, alternative), country, and film scores/soundtracks. I have a big love for the Goo Goo Dolls, 30STM, Royworld, Miranda Lambert, Thomas Newman, and Trevor Morris.
5. How would you describe your style (clothing, design, art, etc)?
Clothing wise, I flit between rather retro inspired (big skirts, small waist), and biker girl (I live in my leather jacket in winter). I definitely dress by season. My art style is very classical, but via graphite or pencil–I’m pretty good at portraits, but I suck at watercolours in general. I love the minimalism of Scandinavian design, even though it seems a little cold against how I like everything else in my life.
6. Favourite movie?
It’s a fight between Coraline and Howl’s Moving Castle.
7. What is your dream job?
Food styling! But somehow I’d love to fit in air hostessing, just for a while…
8. What words do you live by (favourite quote)?
There are more phrases that I don’t like to live by, but as a general principle; ask and read as much as you can. (there are stupid questions, but you have to ask to find even that out).
9. Cookies, cakes or cupcakes?
Cakes. Hello citrontarta (the type found in the south of Sweden, not just any old lemon cake).
10. Who inspires you?
My father. Worked his way from very little, very little help, and basically said sod it, I’m following my dreams. Lucky man.
SHERELLE. (I love food reviews; these guys are pretty much all about that).
Abigail Beam. (has an awesome-looking recipe for zucchini-chocolate bread. ’nuff said).
kitsunetsukikitchen. (has the most amazing instagram feed, and her blog is just as great–I still remember those aubergine noodles).
Gabriella Bites. (lovely lovely photos).
Nuance Design. (a mix of things I love; recipes, photography and shopping/DIY ideas)
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3. If you could invite 3 people to dinner, (living or not), who would they be?
4. What is your favourite way to unwind?
5. How do you juggle your blog and work/family/life?
6. Favourite comfort food?
7. What subject did you dislike the most at high school?
8. What inspires you?
9. What makes you smile?
10. Are you a planner, or are you spontaneous?